Sometime prior to 1864 property owners living south of the Wisconsin River, in what was called the Town of Linwood, petitioned the Portage County Board of Supervisors for a new township status. This new township "GRANT" was granted on April 1, 1864. This important date in history is the reason that we celebrate our town, more than one-hundred fifty years later.
GLIMPSES OF THE PAST
Town of Grant
(printed in the Stevens Point Journal - May 19, 1992 Click the link to read it)